Sunday 6 May 2012

31 Day Blog Challenge! 6th MAY



6th. Something out of your comfort zone but you love it

 Not all of my posts are going to be about clothes or accessories!


My Nephew Harrison.


Ive never been a baby person and I'll be the first to moan about one if it starts crying within a 5 mile radius of me, or parents not teaching them right etc so its no wonder that Ive chosen babies as being out of my comfort zone.

When I was 20 and my second boyfriend chucked me for a skinner, more blonde model I decided that I was never going to get married and/or have kids. I quit my job and spent a whole year basically dicking around, being with an arsehole boyfriend who was sleeping with everyone behind my back and being quite experimental myself. I did nothing but smoke and drink (not excessively drink, my real Dad was an alcoholic and it killed him so I'm not stupid!) for that entire year until I decided to sort my life out. I met Pete, I got a part time job and moved in with him (fairly quickly) after being asked to leave by my family. I then got a good job, Pete, who at the time was working for his Dad and picking his own hours, also got a full time job. We then got our own car, moved into our own place and the rest is obvious - engagement, marriage, several stone and 2 dogs later. So never say never! 


Just before our wedding, Pete's youngest sister announced she was pregnant and this year gave birth to my nephew Harrison. Ive never been so proud and full of love - it really shocked me! It true what people say, its different when its your own (I know hes not mine but hes my family). 


The one hurdle I have to cross is getting used to being around a baby. Instead of chickening out and acting worried and scared I jumped right in and held him and talked to him etc. My husband didn't want to and he was nervous so they picked on him the most to hold him. If I act confident, Ill BE confident. So any opportunity I get I hold him and talk to him. 


Pete's sister, her fiance and Baby Harrison live in London so I don't get to see them much so I'm still not getting alot of baby exposure but, here's the kicker, Peters other sister is due in August and shes local and visits everyday so I need to get out of my comfort zone and spend more time with her when the baby's here. I'm going to offer to be an evening sitter so she can work (family business) and really go for it. I want to be a cool auntie and shake this child hate vibe. 

Its also practise for when we decide on having children. I still have mixed feelings on the big momma debate (to lose weight or not to lose weight!) but I'm honestly crazy broody!



Anyway, life story over. To summarise, something out of my comfort zone but loving it with crazy amounts of adoration is my baby nephew Harrison. :)


Mucho Love

 





 

Ps - this is what he thinks to days post :)






2 comments:

  1. I'm so not a baby person I get more excited over new shoes lol glad your getting out of your comfort zone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used him as an excuse to buy baby stuff lol its so much cuter than adult clothes!
    Oh and I had forgotten to mention too that my stepsister is pregant and a good friend at work has just announced it too so i'm basically going to be surrounded. Better get used to it I guess!

    I'm always on the lookout for new shoes tho :) they dont cry or shit themselves which is a bonus lol

    ReplyDelete