Monday 28 May 2012

31 Day Blog Challenge! 27th and 28th MAY

27th. Inspired by your style icon
28th. Something everyone has now

Ive been rather inattentive to my blog this week but I think this whole "31 Day Challenge" is taking it out of me! I like to blog when I like and I think this is a bit like being at school - making sure I get something done before a deadline else I feel guilty.

Saturday saw me going to the opticians to get my eyes checked out. Ive worn glasses for about 5 years now but for work or computer work etc but recently Ive been feeling awful when not wearing them and get dizzy. One day I almost passed out at my desk. So I took my free voucher from HR and popped along to my opticians. Vision Express. I had planned to go somewhere else but booking with them again was so easy, I would just have to make sure I picked from their £29 range. I saw a few frames I liked. Of course its totally different when you're there and trying them on! 

So anyway, It turns out Ive got to have my prescription upped and wear them all the time which doesn't bother me in the slightest. I looked around the cheap ranges and just couldn't find anything that suited me. I then reluctantly looked at the 2 for £99 designer frames and even they didn't inspire me. Then, as if my magic, I glanced down at the 2 for £139 frames and tada! There were these amazing Valentino frames glistening from below. I tried the two on that I was drawn too and instant loveage!!  My lovely optician Simon had joined me at this point and I thrust these into his hands! His eyes lit up as he knew I was going for cheap and had just picked out £400 quids worth of glasses! But with the 2 for £139 (with lenses) it was an actual bargain. Hubz shit himself when I texted him to say I hadn't adhered to the £60 rule and had in fact spent £150 (anti glare, extra tests etc) but had received a £19 deduction from my no claims on my grand advantage card! 

To summarise, I love my new glasses and I had photos taken of my eye. Wanna see!?



My casual Valentinos

My work Valentinos

My Left eyeball

My right eyeball
Ok. Weird eyeball pics out they way, lets get the 27th and 28th done so I can chill out with Sims3!


27th. Inspired by your style icon

I don't have one. To be perfectly blunt. I've never had anyone like that too look up. Ive just kinda bumbled through life. But I can honestly say that in the last year its been all of you ladies. Reading these blogs and getting to know some of you has been so inspiring. Ive learnt that I'm not alone and I can take risks with what I wear and how I wear it. So thank you ladies. You have truly helped me :)


28th. Something everyone has now

Desperately trying not to quote Team America (Everyone has aids!!). I'm not really sure what to do for this one.  I'm always behind everyone else with cool stuff and I was one of the only bloggers NOT to get the New Look swan print dress. 


I'm going to go with the big glasses. Everyone and their mate are wearing these big rimmed glasses now. I know I have literally JUST bought a pair but mine are actually needed to see (and awesomesauce) . My brother wears them (hipster kid) and he has fine eyesight - It was ME who inherited the dodgy back and bad eyesight from my real dad so I don't know! 


Its just interesting to me how back in the day you would be bullied for liking comics and wearing glasses, now its trés cool and all the awesome kids are doing it! I'm not picked on for being a geek - just for being fat!



So until next time - check out my little shop :) 





Mucho Love,









4 comments:

  1. i love the first pair of glasses you look so cute in them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet! They were my second choice but Ive completely fallen in love with them :)

      Delete
  2. love your glasses choices although way out of my price range! The first ones are very pretty and totally suit you! Just gorgeous! Welcome to the 24/7 glasses wearer club :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Its not a bad place to be! Theyre out of my price range too. The credit card is taking the hit this month. I had to literally claw it out of my husbands hands. Ive only been allowed to use it this once!

      I'm gunna do what you do and check out some awesome frames. Get some vintage ones x

      Delete