Tuesday 31 January 2012

Bits & Bobs

I was going to do an OOTD post today, seeing as I wore some new tights and new shoes but by the time I got home, got a cuppa, took the damn shoes off I was done! Before I knew it I was in my PJs. So I'll have to wear it again next week and post it then. I am so freaking cold right now, I couldn't bring myself to get dressed back into it and pose round the bedroom. IT IS COLD.

I lit my candle/oil burner and gazed down lovingly at my goodies and thought "that's what I'll blabber on about today" So, here's a small insight into my accessories. I love necklaces, watches, headbands, hair clips etc and I do hoard them, so I try and find inventive ways of keeping them on display. I find that if I hide them away in a drawer I forget about them. I have the luxury of renting a 4 bed house from a family friend at a jolly good price and no skunky housemate anymore so myself and Pete have our own 'Rooms'. His is piled with shite, has a monster desk and 3 huge computer screens for his modelling etc.

Mine has a more feminine touch. I have all the things that don't match the house but I love from my old flat/old bedroom from home. My dream catchers, chimes, James Dean collectibles, my arts and crafts box (I make my own cards. Nothing fancy :) leftover crap from making my wedding stuff), flowers etc. I'm currently going through a cleansing phase where I'm cleaning out all the crap and making it an inspirational area! We have beds in both spare rooms (the other room is the 'cinema room - with sofa and projector - we're not rich - the screen a white window blind and the projectors from Argos!) but no one ever stays over.
Firstly, my in laws (Pete's parents) live across the road and 1 house up so they never 'visit for the weekend'. My friends say my house is toooooo far away (i live in a village about 7miles from everyone else) but its OK for me to get two buses to go their houses once a week. My Mum, Dad and Sister have been here 3 times in the 2 and a half years we've lived here - distance again. The only regular visitors are my Nan and Pap. So no one EVER stays. So, the bed in my room is going in the garage and I'm bringing a wardrobe in. It'll be my dressing room - so excited for this weekend when I can create it! I have some pink paint so I'm tempted to paint a wall!

So, anyway, this is my accessory area :)
My Station

My Perfumes (mostly Avon, I used to be a rep)

My Watches - stand is an old mug tree

My Beloved Necklaces - to display and prevent tangling, I hung them on pins stuck into a cork notice board. Nifty idea I had there :)

 
My computer = My Life!!



Anyway. I thought I'd also take this opportunity to show my earring habit. I keep them in the pink box.

Here's a few sets Ive worn recently. I LOVE the little robots :)


 

I'm done boring you now :)

Mucho Love  

2 comments:

  1. You have so much! Jealous! I agree with your views on your computer, I am always on mine :)

    Karys
    Whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Its my years and years of collecting! Very proud of it :)

    ReplyDelete