Tuesday 24 January 2012

Evans Tights/Brogues/OOTD



First Order of Business - OOTD
So a triple post today. I have several things I wish to go on about, all combined in this one outfit I wore to meet the girls yesterday.

New tights in Grey and Brogues

Cute Feather Hair Clip

Current Fave - heart/clock necklace

New Dress

New Bag

Final Outfit
 Again, apologies for the shit FMP (Faecbook Mirror Pose). I hate doing it more than words can describe!

This shows a chunk of what I bought when shopping the other day. The dress was a New Look sale rack bargain, the bag a Primark bargain and the shoes are Primark full price (shock horror!).

Cardigan - Matalan (yonks ago)
Dress - New Look Inspire - £10 (sale)
Scarf - Freespirit (donkeys ago)
Brogues - Primark £8
Biker Boots - Evans £40 ish i think!
Tights - Evans £6
Hair Clip - Primark £1 (sale)
Bag - Primark £5 (sale)
Necklace - Forever 21 (Oct 2011)


Second Order of Business - Tights
When I first started my blog I said I had finally found the perfect tights from Evans and that I would try out the coloured tights and get back to you? well this is me getting back to you!

I took advantage of their 2 for £8 sale and got 4 pairs. I knew I wanted the Purple and Berry and also decided a black pair would be a good idea. So that left me with Grey or Teal. Now, I'm trying to be brave with clothes and colours but did not feel ready to try out the blue just yet so I went with the Grey (which I trialled last night - in above picture).


So here's the struggle. I'm a 24-26 on the bottom and really struggle. I have normal sized hips etc but I have long legs so I always end up with ankle swishers (with trousers) or saggy ass  (tights) so I ALWAYS size up with bottoms. These tights come in 3 sizes.

Size 1 - Size 16-20
Size 2 - Size 22-26
Size 3 - Size 28-32 

Now you'd think Id fit nicely into size 2? Wrong! I have to size up for the bum/hips/height etc so went with size 3. So glad I did.... they are mega thick and have a certain amount of stretch but for a fat girl trying to pull them up fat thighs, theres not as much give as I'd like!! Plus, they don't come up quite as high as the cheaper, lower denier tights (pretty much under the bra!) but still come up high enough. I cant stand anything 'hipster'. Chubs were not designed for wearing hipsters (take note shops who think its OK to make hipsters for plus sizers!). The only downside to them are the seams on the bum/front bum region, they do sit a bit funny and I did find myself 'falling down' a bit but nothing I couldn't manage. I just count myself lucky I found them! 

They are very tough as well. I changed footwear before I went out and wore my biker boots and caught the buckle on my tights twice. Not one snag or tear. In fact, the second time I was convinced I'd broken my boot, not the tights!

I love them very much :) 


Third Order of Business


Ive decided that my red hair is too bloody high maintenance. No matter what I put on and how I condition, it doesn't take properly and fades to a pale orange after 3-4 washes.


So, I am going to go back to dark and/or my natural brown colour. I'll prob cry about not being red but to be honest I'm so sick of having either orange hair or greasy hair because I'm scared to wash it! Ill go back to a more natural colour and spend a few months deep conditioning. Its going! So watch this space.

Mucho love.









P.S. - I was not asked to do this review. I purchased the product myself and took it upon myself to moan about it. This is based on my experience only and other peoples experiences with this product may vary!

6 comments:

  1. that is such a cute outfit on you! Well done on finding the £10 dress. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I really begrudge having to pay full price for anything!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohh awesome tights review- I will have to check them out! I love finding comfy tights- check out the ones from We Love Colors- uber comfy! :)

    Olivia :) x
    Wait Until The Sunset

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive heard about We Are Colours...seen them mentioned in various other posts! Your right, i should check them out. Challenge accepted :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the faux-redhead woes.

    I am a natural blonde who went dark brown and then removed the color and went red. I hate how often I have to re-dye!!

    But, I found 3 solutions that help big time!

    Use this to wash your hair:
    http://www.wenhaircare.com/


    Use this to glaze it (adds color after you wash it):
    http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2152391&productId=prod340021&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=13SpringIntoColor&categoryId=cat70004%20cat70002%20cat120012


    And days when you don't wash your hair, use this:
    http://www.tresemme.com/Products/Fresh-Start/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Timing! I just died it black/dark brown! I agree with the dry shampoo. Its literally my best friend as a red head. So you dont have to wash so much. Total god send!

    I feel ya with the re-dyeing! Plus I want to go swimming, dont want to leave a red trail down the pool!x

    ReplyDelete