Monday 23 January 2012

Schwarzkopf Live Colour XXL Foam

So I decided to try the Schwarzkopf Live Colour XXL Foam in Red Berry Passion. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm never happy with my hair and am constantly changing it but am the happiest when its red. I went into Savers and found that these were on sale so nabbed one for around £3.

Firstly, Live have not proven them self to me in the last few months and I am quickly going off them. I thought they may redeem themselves with the foam so I thought I'd give it a go.

First thing I notice is that yes, there is a nice fruity scent. Strawberry it is not, but its nice. I like that in a dye! I notice the smell before I've opened any of the packaging. 





So I follow the instructions and mix the developer cream with the powder by shaking 40 times. This was the result.


Ermmmm not quite what I was after!! I decide to shake for another 40 (give or take 50 cause I was getting annoyed at this point!).

I took the lid off and noticed and it rose a bit whilst the lid was off so I left the lid off for a few minutes.

(Please note that by this point I had already decided there was NO WAY IN HELL this was going on my hair!).

So, here's the result after my leaving it.


Freaking Heinz Tomato Soup right?!

It didn't rise into foam like it advertised it would and I don't suspect it would be easy to apply either! 

This has officially ruined my view on Live Colours and from the last couple of bad experiences to this? I'm washing my hands of it............literally! Just trying to get that lid off was a nightmare!

Sorry Live believers, this ones not for me.


Mucho love.




 
P.S. - Please also note that I've been dyeing my hair since I was 13-14 (I'm 26 now!) so I am very well experienced as to how it should be applied etc

P.P.S. - I was not asked to do this review. I purchased the product myself and took it upon myself to moan about it. This is based on my experience only and other peoples experiences with this product may vary! 



On a side note, ive just heard a massive bang, it literally made me scream and the dog is now petrified. My husbands in bed as he has to be up at 6am (its now 1am). It was the piece of shit hair dye exploding in the bin. I will not only recommend you dont use it....I would literally go out of my way to pursuade anyone not too. Nearly had a bloody heart attack. I' seriously writing a letter of complaint now!

5 comments:

  1. Wow - that turned into a really weird colour! Thank goodness you didn't put it on your head. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! Its made me seriously think about how I want my hair now though. Wont ever trust Live again!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first live foam colour I got was fine but the second one went like that! I used it on mu hair though! It still worked! It was the same shade as the one you used as well! I wonder if its a fault with the batch?

    toni x

    www.myplussizedwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap! I suffer from the same "never happy with your hair" thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I literally think its a genuine problem! I am literally never happy. I grew it long, then wanted it short so I could grow it again (was growing for my wedding and the ends were just nakered!), now its grwon, its not short enough! I wanted red, i got red, now I want it dark! I need hair rehab.

    Could have been the batch Toni - Swarzkopf are looking into it :) x

    ReplyDelete