Tuesday 24 April 2012

Hair Today....

One of the things I've always admitted to is getting bored with my hair and messing around with it. One of the things I've always admitted to is being shit at it. I have the best ideas and intentions and it never goes my way and have had to go to work with odd coloured hair on more than one occasion. 

My recent phase is that I want to go back to being natural. Ive been through this phase 3 times in 5 years so lets see how far I get this time! 

Ive made this decision based on 3 basic issues;

1) Ive recently noticed grey hairs and I think they'll be easily disguised in natural hair with highlights
2) With my back getting worse, dying my hair takes it out on my and I end up in agony.
3) Stupid reason because we're not trying but in the back of my mind with my implant out now, I cant help thinking "what if your up the duff and chemically raping your head". I know, stupid. But a back thought none the less.

I decided to invest in some hair stripping products then colour it a nice brown over the top. Here's what I bought.
Jobaz Hair Colour Remover

Loreal Recital Preference in Palma

My current colour - un brushed!!
 

I decided to record my steps so I can fill you in on the actual details and how they vary from the instructions!!

 Firstly I assessed the bits and pieces. You get the developer, the activator and a 'buffer' for use when washing it out. The gloves, quite frankly, were shit so I used the cool black ones from the Loreal hair dye.

I always buy and use two packets because my hairs so thick.


I applied the solution which is so similar to man jizz its unreal. Your supposed to leave for 30 Min's, or 1 hour if your using the Max edition - which I was. It suggests wrapping in clingfilm to help with the heat and development. I added the hat because to be honest, I felt like a grade A twat sitting there with clingfilm on my head.

Oh and it smelt like Immac and Cif mixed together. I literally smelt like toilet cleaner. I'm not sure if I'm just overly sensitive to the smell because A) my senses are coming back from not smoking and more obviously, B) working for a cleaning chemical company, but it smelt like toilet cleaner and cat piss. Grim.


 2 HOURS LATER - Not a lot of progress. Ive got to the point now where I wish I hadn't bothered and couldnt give a toss about what it looked like, I wanted it off so I could shower, take my painkillers and bugger off to bed.

You have to rinse for 5mins solid and it even recommends setting alarm on your phone to check. I took my trusty clock in with me. So after you've rinsed for what seems like an eternity, you add the buffer and lather like shampoo. If you were thinking this may smell nice, you were wrong. Cif and cat piss again. So you leave that for 1minute then rinse for another 5 years minutes. Add the buffer for a second time and then rinse as normal. Apparently this part of the process is just as important as this is where is washes the crap away. Fine. I persevered. My hair felt so stiff and lank that I just had to wash and condition it with my own shampoo and even now I can still smell feline urine.

This is how it looked wet.
 


 Still stinks.

And here dry. I was completely surprised. I was expecting to be orange but it was that shockingly rubbish that after 2 boxes, 2 hours and alot of hoping later, it came out OK. Its not great to be fair. The ends are dark, I have random blonde patches and its got a ginger tinge to it but its not bad.


Not fair off the hair dye colour either! Which I haven't used yet.






So even though it was complete pants and didn't do what it was actually supposed to do, it saved my ass because I could not be bothered by 10pm! The thought of having to dry this then dye it again was soul destroying!

Plus, to be fair, it was quite dark, I had been red before that, bleached before that and red again before that so all things considered, it was OK. Not sure Id recommend it but don't want to poo poo it because of my crappy hair.

Meh! No idea how to call this one. I wouldn't use it again. But it is just my experience.

Apologies for the rubbish pics. The light in here is shocking and my camera is begging to be flushed down the toilet.

So pass your own judgement I suppose!


Watch out for an update about my sale blog. I'll be featuring some clothes and jewellery in the next few days.

Mucho Love.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ah thank you Olivia! Its not as patchy today but Im going to put some blonde chunks in at the weekend :)

      Delete