Wednesday 1 August 2012

Summer So Far

So I'm starting to feel a bit more 'summery'. The weathers warm, I am literally being eaten alive by insects, I'm stuck in the office and on my days off it literally caks it down. 

I've not had a lot of time on my hands recently with family and work so my social (and social networking) life is non existent.

To conclude my previous post, my little nephew Preston was born on Saturday morning (approx 12.30am). He was two weeks early so no one saw it coming. What I hadn't know is that after my brief post, we settled down to watch the opening ceremony, neglected our phones and by the time it was over we had 2 texts from my husbands mum. One said his sister was being rushed in for an emergency c-section. As we were replying we got another saying she was out, baby boy was healthy and screaming. 

Bit gutted I wasn't there but grateful I missed out on the waiting room floor snoozing this time. Plus, perfect timing as it was the weekend!

I am, for the most part, not going to post pictures of my nephews on here that often, but here is the token Aunt Laura shot.


I will ask (not that any one will - hence why I've whacked myself in the shot) that no one use my pictures without my permission.

I adore him :)

So, not much else has happened really. My step sister is currently in hospital on medication as she is due for a c-section (the first baby girl I got to buy for!). Work tested my nerves yesterday but I survived and I have overtime with another department tomorrow to help them out. 

As my life in clothes is so dull, here are some random tit-bits of the last few weeks I thought I would share.

We went to see Batman

And this is the geeky outfit I wore.


Cardy - Very
Mighty Morphon Power Rangers tee - Hot Topic (Vegas)
Bow - Me made :)
Jeans - (not seen) Very
Trainers - (not seen) Generic white converse

Hubs bought me a new keyboard

For all my blogging needs. I spend an eternity typing each day and can touch type (from my Legal Secretary days) and found it so hard on my cheap, curved one. Not helped by me removing the keys to empty it of junk and then the keys decided to stiffen. So I have this new beauty. Its a dream to type on.








I made Olympic cakes

We had a cake sale at work today. Cakes were donated and all money raised from the purchases went towards the Paralympic charity.




Summer Happened

And by that I mean it rained.

View from Living room
That's all for now. We have a sports themed fancy dress at work on Friday so I suspect that will result in some hilarious pictures!


Until then :)


Mucho Lovin'




2 comments:

  1. I love your cinema outfit! You look so cute congrats on becoming an aunt :) missed your posts xx if you have a sec could you leave some feedback on my tesco post please thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun! I missed everyone :) Commented on your post xxx

    ReplyDelete