Saturday 18 August 2012

This House Is Not A Home

Afternoon everyone!

It has been an eventful few days. More so today. 

Our landlord (who is also a family friend) told us a few weeks back that he was coming down to check on the house and to have a look round. Now, last time he did this, it was purely to find something in the attic and left without so much as glancing in the rooms. We were sure he would do it again this time but A) not wanting to take any chances and B) using it as an excuse to have a thorough clean and clear out we set about 'spring cleaning'. By 2am this morning, we had finished after many an argument, several family problems rearing their heads and a Ben n Jerry's binge after a dash to Tescos - where there was a worker, styled like Elvis, singing Elvis on a karaoke machine in the restaurant (true story).

I got the heads up that they were on their way (he was visiting my husbands mother across the road) I legged it round for a final check and found the dogs had shit in 3 separate locations... just to make things super fun.

He had a nose around and said we were keeping it nice and decided on the kitchen for the place to drop the bombshell. We had 6 months and he was selling. Which is a lot shorter than the 2-3 years we thought we'd have to save for our mortgage. So now were in full panic mode! But I'm not mad. He said last year and the year before he wanted to sell - and I've always said I'm not mega attached to this house. Fresh start! We were also anticipating a reason for him to come down so I wasn't shocked.

Anyway, enough of the boring shite. Here's a summery outfit I graced work with the other day.









Dress - Bon Marche (Circa 2007ish)
Cardigan - New Look (Circa 2009ish)
Necklace - Forever 21
Hair Bow - My long lost yellow bow! Primark.
Shoes - Tesco but were a present.
Jeggings - some Vegas outlet store.

Oh - which totally reminds me..... my lovely Twitter friends have already see this but I gots my hair cut! No more uncontrollable bush!


 From this


To this.

Basically the same style I normally have!

I also enjoyed a lovely day with my grand-parents, husband and two dogs in Dorset. Apart from the token dog accident (he threw up on my coat and shit on my foot - no joke. Also not funny when your wearing flip flops), it was a nice day. We just went down to the coast and mooched around. Here are some pics of my favourite place (bar Vegas) in the world.







So here comes some massive changes. I'm still building up my little jewellery empire so once I've done enough of that I'll share some of that with you. Also, a large sum of money needs raising! Watch this space I guess.

Love 

Loz

3 comments:

  1. Looking lovely you hair is fab! Fingers crossed you find a great new place xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look darling <3
    good luck with househunting !!!
    had a similar experience a while back
    so can relate. hugglies!
    MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls :) I'm super excited to get to start again somewhere. Just need the mortgage now tho!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete