Saturday 31 March 2012

Oh Say Can You See...

Todays OOTD is a nod towards our American friends :)

I love America and given half a chance I would either

  1. Be planning to move there
  2. Already in the stages of moving there
  3. Be there already.
Hubs doesn't agree. Which blows, but we holiday there as much as we can. So far Ive only experienced Las Vegas. Ive been there 3 times, the last time was our honeymoon in October, time before that was Christmas and the time before that was the previous May. 

So any way, as we are all frequent flyer's, my wardrobe is not limited to the shores of the UK but will feature the occasional wonder from the US of A.

This outfit consists of mostly American purchases....









Jumper/Top - Forever 21 Vegas (USA)
Converse - Some shop in Florida (USA)
Jeans - Walmat Vegas (USA)

Hairband - I literally cannot remember (UK)
Necklace - eBay (UK)

I loved this top when I saw it in Forever 21, I was excited to go back for it after my first ($70) win on the machines at the end of my first trip there. However, I don't do short/no sleeves so have struggled to wear this. In the winter I have teamed it with a cardy but with the lovely few days we've had I thought I would bite the bullet. Writing this blog (not the masses, I know!) has given me a bit of a confidence boost so I did it, I went to work in short sleeves. 

This is a mega thing for me as I really hate my arms. Even in 30degree heat at the Grand Canyon, I still kept my cardy on! The only time I took it off was once when we were walking back from the gun range (I shot a gun :)) and when we went quad biking in the desert!

So, in a brave(ish) move, here are some pics of me with no cardy, going bare armed!!

(on a side note, the pic of me shooting the gun is on my laptop and I cant be bothered to get it!- But, I got a great one of Hubs. Its not at all photoshopped!).


Ibiza - (Ive quit smoking now FYI!)

Me at the Canyon with cardy firmly on

After finishing the Race for Life the 1st year - it was hot!

Quad biking in desert - No Cardy

PJ Party with the girls - drunk and warm!

Our Wedding :) I'm making an announcement, thanking my Mum, mother in law and Nan, just before presenting flowers.
Hubs and the gun - check out the flash from the muzzle


 Oh and the last picture is proof that I did used to be slimmer. This is me as a size 14-16 it was one of the first and last times I saw my collar bones!

Random post over! 

Mucho Love

No comments:

Post a Comment