Tuesday 10 July 2012

Plus North

So the much anticipated plus size event finally came around last weekend and myself, plus my friend Alison, hot footed it to Leeds to join in.

A combination of excitement and my schedule left me going to bed late and then not sleeping so after an hours sleep, I pulled my fat arse out of bed to pick Alison up for the coach. Pete kindly drove us to MK to avoid the first leg of the trip and an hour and a half wait at MK's coach station so even though we had left the house at 6.30am, the road trip didn't officially start until 9am-ish.

We got to the hotel an hour before the event and thought we had enough time to get changed and out. Except for my map reading skills being shit and taking us 10mins in the wrong direction! Trusty Alison got out her GPS and eventually we arrived. We gate crashed the catwalk show and stood watching.

Toni (theonlywayistoni.blogspot.com) must have recognised me as she knew just which badge to give me (thank you for that, hun!). 

Becky (theramblingsofmrsbebe.blogspot.com) did a bloody amazing job of the mic work and was simply mind blowing. I'm not sure I could have done all that. Together, her and Toni really pulled it off and it was brilliant fun and all round a successful event! 

Simplybe were sponsors which made me fell hella guilty for wearing a Very dress! The clothes that the lovely ladies showcased were amazing and I'm sure will be costing me a fortune once the shopping ban is lifted!

For me It was like meeting celebrities as I pointed out people whose blogs I read and whose Twitters I watch so It was a tad intimidating. I did get crazy shy and in hindsight would have loved to have spoken to more of you. Luckily for me, Lolly of lollylikesfatshion and Rachel of adressisforlife came over to me with Lisa of www.lisaphilbin.co.uk These ladies were amazingly nice and not only did I enjoy their company, I felt so at ease with them and would like to spend more time with them. Maybe not so tired and shy though next time! 

We spent some time with Curvissa, styling their dummy's and filling a few things out for them. We also spent an unknown amount of time crooning over Chloes amazing Jewellery! Its a shame It wasn't pay day, thats for sure.

We ended up leaving with our amazing goody bag, headed out for dinner after a quick freshen up and then back to the hotel for sleeps.

Enough of the drivel, here are some crap photo's I took. Some of them sneakily done (Sorry Rachel!!).

Ready for the photos?!
Alison

Crafty mirror shot as I forgot to take proper outfit pics

Go blurry Lolly!

Fabulous lady





Alison again :)

Photo ninja- Lisa and Lolly

Tried to get a crafty one of Rachel and Alison photobombed it lol

Alison, styling

Lovely Curvissa peeps


Alisons part creation

My mess

Alisons finished piece

Cool taps

Think we dragged the weather with us!

Homeward bound


I wore the dress again today just so I had a chance to take some more photo's of it. I'm still unsure as I don't do high necks and having no boobs and being all bum and belly, I think it didn't suit my shape. But I like it so I'll wear it! I added a belt this time (forever21) and a vintage brooch.


Dress today





So if you made it this far, thank you! I haven't posted pics of Chloe's amazing Jewellery that I managed to swipe as I want to showcase it in a post of its own. 

I had an amazing time and wish It wasn't over. I still wish I had pulled myself and met more of you lovely ladies. Until the next time :)


 

10 comments:

  1. I do love your dress! But I agree, It's a bit high for my likes, i like the boobies on show =D
    and thanks for the horrid photo of me being tired after only 2 hours sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so cute it was lovely to meet you we should deff meet up again maybe halfway in between us both ? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be super! Would really like that. May even gatecrash Sheffield :)

    And sorry Lisa! I was a bit rubbish with the camera! You looked fab tho, defo didnt look like you were tired x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved meeting you and Alison! Defo more meets needed! Thank you for taking some pics of me :) i loved your dress and thought the boob are looked fine! I love it with the belt and brooch x

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look like you had a great time, i'm loving reading everyons plus north round ups x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have nominated you for The Liebster Blog Award xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww wow! Thanks Cheryl! I'll blog about it tomorrow and tag you in in it. Thanks sweet :) xx

      Delete
  7. i've nominated / awarded you with the The Liebster Blog Award, i've loved reading your blog over the past few days of discovering it and i'm looking forward to reading more.

    come and steal the award from my page http://sheiselec.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress!

    everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete