Monday 11 June 2012

Reunions

I'm back from a small break in blogging to bring you news from my weekend. It was amazing!

When I was in school, I was part of a tight knit group of girls. We shared laughs and tears, and some of my funniest memories are with these girls. But as time goes on the group split. Hands up, I was the first to go - I had encountered new genres of music and followed an alternative path then the girls. The remaining girls also split into two groups, still seeing each other as they grew up.

A few times a mini reunion had been arranged and to be honest, I wasn't feeling it. A particular member of the group (the one I had known the longest) had betrayed me years and years ago and I just don't like her anymore. I don't really want to be around her so when I had the choice, I didn't.

This time was different. Holly, our friend who had moved to New Zealand was coming back to her childhood home to visit and we were all invited! I really wanted to go but was nervous. I bit the bullet for Holz and it turned out perfect. The girl in question didn't show anyway.

So anyway, here are a few pics from that truly brilliant day. 



Nikki, Gemma, Louise, Myself

Kelly, Holly, Myself

Lou. Kelly, Meg (Lou's daughter), Nikki, Gemma, Myself with Emily (Nikki's daughter). Holly, Bethany with Leah (Lou's youngest daughter)



 I really did have an amazing time and I am totally gutted Holly can't stay forever but it was a great catch up which re-opened the doors for me and the other girls. We were all so close once and its a shame we grew apart but you could tell how well we gelled as when we all got together, it was like we had never left each other at all.

Here are some comparison shots!

Myself, Kelly, Gemma - Prom

Myself, Nikki, Gemma, Stacey (couldnt make it) & Kelly

All of us - last day of school

Stacey, Louise, Gemma, Myself, Nikki
 I miss the old days!

Mucho Love

 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time seeing people from school can be wired especially if you've not seem them in a time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been about a year since I last spoke to one of them, 2 since I last saw two of them and about 10 years for the rest! But it wasn't awkward. It was brill :)

    ReplyDelete