Monday 1 April 2013

How Do!

I'm pretty sure I was a bear in a former life and that I've come out of hibernation. I had a pretty busy winter. I moved house which is the biggest thing I think. We are finally settled in, but I think our biggest challenge has been the horrendously noisy neighbours. But I guess we'll adjust!

I had the birth of my best friends baby in February which was a nice relief from my previous week. She had a healthy baby girl :)

Just before that though, my team at work (we're a close team) suffered a hideous blow when it was announced a close colleague  and friend of ours had suddenly passed away. His partner happens to work in our small team too so it was a great loss to us. We've pulled together, got through it and re-grouped. Now we have several new members to our team and we're moving offices shortly so a new start for us.

Enough of the life stuff. I thought I would ease myself back in with a short post about a new nail varnish I have just purchased. I've always been a fan of Rimmel and this new one is no exception!

I apologise for the rubbish photos. I stupidly traded in my Samsung for an iPhone 4 so the quality - considering its a 5 megapixel - is awful and I've misplaced my actual camera!

Rimmel Pro in Pink of Me and Rimmel Lasting Finish in Disco Ball

With Flash

  
Rimmel Pro in Pink of Me. It went on smoothly and easily. The brush had a nice shape to it and the varnish seemed to glide on. This is three coats worth as it tends to go on quite light, but I could have left it at two. I also popped a little of Rimmel Lasting Finish in Disco Ball on the ring fingers like I always do for a little bling there.

I do like to paint my nails every few days and Rimmel always have a great selection of colours to choose from. I snagged this beauty - along with another colour that I will debut at some point - at Boots where most nail varnishes are included in their 3 for 2 offer. 

I think all in all i'd recommend it. Rimmel tends to last for quite a while and the colour stays on for as long as I can leave it for before I get bored!

Anyone had a similar experience or wants to recommend a brand or colour, just let me know :)

Laura

3 comments:

  1. Missed you :) sorry to hear about your work friend big hugs. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to her about your friend.

    P.S I like Rimmel too. Have you tried Barry M?

    I'm a new follower to your blog. I love it. Check mine out?everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute nails! would you like to follow each other in gfc and bloglovin? let me know!

    ReplyDelete