Friday 2 November 2012

I'm Losing Sense of Time

Wow. It's been a while since Ive been on here. The past 6 or so months have been mammoth for me and my family and friends so my minds not really been into blogging, or much else for that matter. But, I am back (how many times have I said that...) and am going to try to make more of an effort to keep on top of this.

My crafting etc has taken a complete back seat as has my blogging as we are  packing our house up. In a previous post (here) I mention that our landlord has decided to sell the house and that we had 6 months. Well, shortly after that, we received an official letter confirming the date, which was January. After our initial panic, we formulated a plan. We had decided we would buy our own house eventually and wanted a few years to save but the time was now! But, unfortunately for us, we aren't rich, so we had a provisional loan from a family member to cover some of the deposit. We set about house hunting and I lined up lots of houses for us to look at. I had one in particular that I adored but Pete wasn't keen so I had that as the first house to view. We went to see it and both of us totally fell in love with it :) we saw a few other houses, but ended up cancelling a load because we wanted the dream house. 

Before we did anything, we went to our bank, Lloyds TSB and they refused us for a mortgage. Flat out. They didn't even bother to check alternative suggestions or options for us and the horrible woman looked at me like a piece of shit when I explained my colourful credit history. So we went to Nationwide who were only too happy to help us. That went through and the lovely family member decided to loan us ALL of the deposit so we put an offer in on the house. Its all going through and we move in at the end of this month. 


Its going to be tight for a while as all of my wages are being poured into paying our saviour off (so don't expect any new items on here for a while!) but we are almost homeowners! We've signed everything and are just waiting...

I wont share too much until we move in but here is my new kitchen - the thing that drew me into the house in the first place.

The lovely lady that currently owns it did the kitchen herself and has never used it. Shes also leaving us furniture because we have none. She has been the most lovely, accommodating and friendly person and we are very lucky, not to mention incredibly grateful.

In other news, I mentioned in another previous blog (here) that my best friend was pregnant.... well, she had her 20weeker and have announced that they are having a little girl. They're elated and so am I. I finally get to buy girly things!

Lastly, for now, its been a full year since me and the Mr were married! We celebrated two weeks ago by going to see Tenacious D in Wolverhampton. Our first dance was to their song FHG and they are Pete's favourite band. I actually got him the tickets for his 30th Birthday, but the date fell on our anniversary - how perfect! They played our song last and it was brilliant!

So that's it for now. I have lots of random bits to post throughout the weekend but if you follow me on twitter (changed my handle so I'm now @LauraDarby27) then you may have seen some of them already.

I can honestly say Ive missed this :)

Thanks for reading x

Laura.x
 

2 comments:

  1. Missed you :) so happy for you great news xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've missed it. Feel completely out of the loop so will have to stalk everyones blogs when I get some time and catch up :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete